Exporting with fonts used in manuscript

Yes, I know this is somewhere in the manual …

I use several fonts in my writing. I have arrived at a custom format that I like for compiling, but it does not preserve fonts and italics when I export to Word.

Help!!
:mrgreen:

So are you saying you basically have done all of your formatting in the text editor, and would like to switch off the feature that cleans up formatting? If so check in the Formatting compile option pane. You probably just need to switch off that “Override text and notes formatting” option at the top. If you’re trying to do some sort of hybrid approach, like you have sub-headings in your text where you want the formatting preserved, you could use the Format/Formatting/Preserve Formatting menu command on these portions of text. This will paint a blue box around the text, which under default settings will be protected from the override. Thus you can write in Optima or whatever, publish in TNR 12, but maintain the custom font used for headings.

You shouldn’t be losing italics though, unless perhaps you have the option to have them converted to underscores in the Transformations pane? Under some circumstances italics can be lost if the font you are using doesn’t even support italics, but none of our defaults use those fonts (for obvious reasons :slight_smile:).