Exports/Imports from Scrivener (Mac) to iOS

How do I take a .scriv file from my macbook/dropbox and import it into Scrivener iOS on my iPad? I can’t seem to figure it out for the life of me and I am getting super frustrated.

There are a variety of methods one can use. You will find most of them documented in §14.2.1 in the Mac user manual PDF. Of note, if you aren’t interested in Dropbox, skip down to the Managing Projects Directly with File Management subheading.

It’s really nothing too exciting though! Plug iPad into Mac, click on it in Finder sidebar, drill down to Scrivener and drag project into its storage area. Or if you have it set up for WiFi sync, you don’t need the cable. You can also use AirDrop, which is also documented there.

Where people sometimes run into trouble is in seeing the transfer to iOS as an Export/Import operation. You do not need to get your project “out” of Mac Scrivener and “in” to iOS Scrivener.

If you are using Dropbox, the short answer is that you store the project in the Dropbox folder on the Mac, use the Dropbox software to upload to the Dropbox server, and then have iOS Scrivener look in that folder (on the server) for the project. Detailed setup information can be found here:
https://scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/ios/dropbox-syncing-with-ios