Extra Scrivener icon or disk image keeps appearing

Hi. I’m pretty new to Scrivener (still on the trial version), and pretty new to Mac as well. After downloading the trial, I placed a Scrivener icon on my dock (that’s what the string of icons on the bottom of my screen is called, right?)

I have noticed that every time I open Scrivener with this icon, it places another Scrivener icon or disk image on my desktop (not another one on the dock, but one on the desktop). I don’t need two Scrivener icons on my screen, so I keep “ejecting” the one that pops up on my desktop (by dragging it to the trash), but the next time I open Scrivener again, it comes back.

Can anyone tell me how to make this second icon stop appearing? And will it continue to be a problem when I purchase the paid version of Scrivener (which I plan to do in a few weeks), or is it just a problem with the trial version?

Thanks!

Aerinah

Hi,

It sounds as though you have not installed it entirely correctly. Try following the short installation tutorial video on our videos page, here:

literatureandlatte.com/videos

I hope that will show where you have gone wrong, and help you fix the issue, but if not let me know.

All the best,
Keith