Fade In as a Scrivener Plug-In

Yes, I know this sounds crazy because Fade In is a different product from a different developer with a different design philosophy. Yet, the two products could complement each other far better than as two independent applications: Fade In a a fast developing screenplay writing application with advanced formatting and production capabilities such as revisions, dialogue tuner, and various production reports. Yet it lacks the organisational prowess of the Binder, the Outliner, the Inspector with all its capabilities of Labelling, Status, Document/Project Notes, Keywords, etc. And its Index Card feature is rather basic compared to Scrivener’s Corkboard. It would require the Fade In developer years to catch up with Scrivener’s organisational power.
On the other side, Scivener’s screenwriting capabilities have always been rather basic. To produce a finished screenplay for submission the help of a more seasoned third-party application has to be employed.
So would it not be fantastic to be able to write a screenplay from start to finish in a single Scrivener project with the advanced scriptwriting features that currently Fade In offers and, at the same time, have all the hard work compiled in the research notes, the character biographies, the step-outline, the full-treatment, etc., instantly accessible from within the same Scrivener project?
So the idea is to replace the basic screenwriting capabilities of Scrivener with the advanced screenwriting tools of Fade In but people would have to pay extra for these capabilities. The standards version of Scrivener would have no more screenwriting capabilities. These could be unlocked by purchasing the additional Fade In screenwriting plug-in.
I am aware that this feature request sounds crazy. After all, the developers of both Scivener and Fade In would first have to come to a mutual agreement about how and under what conditions to merge their products. Yet I hope that many users of Scivener and Fade In share my enthusiasm for this feature request.

I have to confess to being a fan of both Scrivener and Fade In.

Some novel projects in Scrivener are also getting written as screenplays in Fade In.

It’s probably not feasible, however I do like the concept.

I have to agree. Scrivener is a fantastic organizing tool for writing and a mediocre screenwriting app. I would love to stay in Scrivener for screenwriting rather than jump between Fade In (or Final Draft).

But another option would be to upgrade the screenwriting module within Scrivener to make it as good as the other features. What I look for in screenwriting is fluidity – the least amount of key strokes to write so I can concentrate on the writing itself. Examples would be options to customize what comes after each element (character after dialogue vs action after dialogue, etc.), predictive characters (hitting return twice automatically selects and keys the alternate character name without having to type the first letter), and other elements found in programs like Fade In (which take the best of the Final Draft features and leave out the bloat). These details are key for me.

If it can’t be programmed easily into Scrivener, then perhaps a integrating a program like Fade In is a possibility, a program I happen to like very much.

There’s no point in have screenwriting capabilities, if the execution isn’t worthy of Scrivener’s other features. It defeats the purpose and forces me to use other programs, thus vastly reducing it’s functionality.

I’ve been looking for a phenomenal outlining and organizing tool to write screenplays for ten years. I’ve never found one. Either the program was a great screenwriting program and a lousy outliner/organizer or the other way around. Scrivener has a chance to do both excellently and really take a chunk of the screenwriting market.

I’m not sure I agree with the OP. Fade In and Final Draft are good programs for what they do - screenwriting. Expecting a program that wasn’t designed for screenwriting to do all the things those programs do is silly.

It would be like buying a sports car and wanting it to do well towing. You can tow a little bit with it sure, but if towing is essential, you get something else that was designed with towing in mind.