Faster note taking from research

I collect lots of text-based documents in all the formats in the research section of my binder.
I want to take notes, including grabbing quotations, quickly and with as few keystrokes or commands as possible. Bonus if I could have simple meta information at least that I’ve associated with a given source document that gets added to grabbed content to show the source. (Could be full citation information, could be sufficient to just support Author-Date citation.)
I want this so I can read using Scrivener on my desktop computer or my iOS device and quickly create building block pieces to bring together my non-fiction writing. There are a bunch of programs on both Mac OSX and iOS out there now that let me do this, along with adding personal notes, to a piece of content grabbed in this way. But I end up needing a long workflow moving my notes through extraction from these app environments to Scrivener.
I’d rather notionally collect the subset of documents I plan to actively use for a project into Scrivener and be able to work through them, adding notes into my project I can later sort into the binder structure.
If I could just do this quickly in Scrivener I could save a lot of time and work.
A bonus feature would be if these cited clips/grabs also contained a link back to the source document, if I need to return there for context. A link like that would be better stored in the inspector information, rather than in the active file, so this information doesn’t clutter the draft.
It could be that to avoid copyright risk the grab/clip could go into the document synopsis. Then a writer could decide whether to somehow move the exact quotation from the synopsis into the editor text. Might protect people from accidental plagiarism. But the Apple Books model might be followed of putting text automatically inside quotation marks, with the citation to follow. Personal notes associated with the clip/grab could prefix or suffix it, outside quotation marks.
It would be so great to have my project related reading organized in my project and to be able to take notes and easily create foundational docs/index cards.
Of course, this can be done through a multi-step copy and paste process now. But it is very slow to do, relative to other options.
I know I’d use the iOS version of Scrivener much more, if I could just do this. I go away and do a lot of reading away from my desktop and want to read and take notes in ways that get me from evidence with associated thought to writing as quickly as possible. Instead I feel like today my workflow process is like a bunch of interlocking crons/loops. Factory work. An assembly line, instead of a natural and thoughtful process.
I recently completed the Scrivener survey, and I didn’t include this thought there. I don’t know how I failed to include it.
Even though I use DevonThink and I use Zotero and I use various PDF readers, the rubber hits the road on writing project organization in Scrivener. And reading and note taking is an essential part of that. The methods for doing that need to be simpler and faster in both the desktop and iOS versions of Scrivener.

Have you tried the split screen view on the iOS device? I take notes by putting the document I want to read in DevonThink to Go, the notes file in Scrivener, and splitting the screen between the two. Works amazingly well.

For links, incidentally, I’ve found that my own method of plain text citations is faster and more robust. That is, I’ll use DT’s metadata to tag a paper as “Smith2020” or whatever, then name the Scrivener notes document “Smith2020.” Months or even years later I can still search for that tag, no matter how the relative positions of the files might have changed in the interim. In Scrivener, I can also assign the tag as a keyword, which means I can split the original file into pieces and all of the pieces will inherit it.

Katherine