Feature Request - REWRITE MODE

Would it be possible to have a ‘REWRITE MODE’ where one rewrites a scene, for example, alongside the old scene?

I tend to nest old scenes within a new scene, then view them side by side and write the new scene whilst referencing the old (SEE ATTACHED PIC). It would be great if this setup was added as a function, and actioned from a single button (‘REWRITE’), that nested the current scene within a newly created one, arranged side by side, and displayed changed text, perhaps in a different colour on the old scene? Also for the two text editors in this mode to be synced together when scrolling, so when scrolling down on new scene, in right editor, for example, the old scene in left editor would scroll accordingly too (and keep scrolling of left editor independent, so one could scroll back for quick reference to other part?).

This would really be helpful for my redrafting process, and I’m sure there are many out there who use a similar method who would benefit.

Do you need to repeat yourself so many times?

Why did you open 3 new topics for one request and 2 for another? One topic for each request would have been enough.

Sorry if I’ve been annoying. The different threads seem to have different aspects they are focusing on, and I thought perhaps even different team members reviewing at Scrivener, so I thought I would post in the relevant places, but there are overlaps.

Apologies.

Plus I can’t see how/where to delete posts.