Feature Request - Word Count Tracker

Hi. Are there any plans to implement a word count tracker that tracks your wordcounts day by day? To be clear, I know of the project statistics and progress bars.

This would be more like a database that records daily wordcounts and then can create a graph. If database size was an issue then perhaps a 7-day tracker, which would allow some time to transcribe those wordcounts to another program.

A writing history feature is coming with the next major (paid) update, although I don’t expect the next major Windows version to be ready this year, I’m afraid.

All the best,
Keith

Fantastic!

Bummer! Are you still planning to skip 2.0 in Windows and release both Mac/Windows 3.0 at around the same time?

We’ll be skipping 2.0 and moving Windows to 3.0 with feature-parity with the Mac version, yes (at least that is the plan), but the way it’s looking, Windows 3.0 will be several months after Mac 3.0 if we’re going to achieve this. I’d love to be able to release at the same time, but the Windows version started off five years behind the Mac version and I’ve been constantly developing 3.0 over the past six years since 2.0 was released, so even with twice as many people working on the Windows version, it’s a lot of ground to cover.

All the best,
Keith