Feature wishes

Hi, I installed the demo today and remotely accessed it through my iPad. Nice, but surely better and easier to handle directly :slight_smile:

I know already that this tool will come very very handy for my story development.

But although I haven’t spent hours on it I have already some features I could imagine being helpfull. Maybe some are already implemented but have been overseen, sorry in this case.

1. Split not only by cursor but by return or even by special character.
  2. More choices in regards of line-styles and connection start/end types. It would be cool to be able to select the connections and then change the appearance.
    2.1) Being able to connect two nodes like in omnigraffle (feels funny to actually drop one node on another, but this is by no means a dealbreaker, just … a little strange :blush: )
  3. Lock items and display them ghosted.
  4. Better interoperatibility ( does this word exist in english?) with iPad and remote connection to mac. :mrgreen: Maybe using a second window with all commands as buttons! ( won’t happen, I know :wink: )

Now that wasn’t much was it! :mrgreen:

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I want to keep Scapple simple, so connecting nodes the way OmniGraffle does it would be a bit counter-productive (not that OmniGraffle isn’t straightforward to use, but that’s just not the way Scapple works). The whole point of the app was to allow connections by dropping onto other items, so if that doesn’t feel right, it’s probably not the right app for you. :smiley:

As for an iPad version… Maybe one day, but our iOS resources are tied up with Scrivener at the moment.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Nahhhhh, you won’t get rid of me so easily :wink:

I think Scapple will fit my needs much better than OmniGraffle on the iPad and I fully understand the mac-windows-ios-android problematic. Just to reassure you that I honstely think you are doing a fantastic job by every means. The tools you need and create for yourself are the tools we need for us, too!

Hmm, maybe with a bluetooth keyboard it will be easier to handle Scapple on the iPad :mrgreen:

I wish my children wouldn’t have forced me out off my home-office rooms, leaving me to work wherever I can spot a quiet place…

Ha - I know what you mean, I feel like I have to set up child traps in my home office (but apparently that’s not allowed…).

Thanks for the kind words!

All the best,
Keith