Features request based on current workflow

I’m excited that this is happening…I started writing with Scrivener, but then moved to Storyist, because of their iPad version. I just have my iPad in more locations than the computer I write on…

I recently just finished a children’s book, written on the iPad…so this is very doable. Here are my thoughts on a good workflow:

1. The iOS version must be able to start a project from scratch
  2. The iOS version must be able to support character sheets, etc to enable writers to capture thoughts on the go…
  3. The iOS/Desktop version must have some type of frictionless syncing between the two…if this is Dropbox and they simply access the same file, or iCloud…I don’t necessarily care…but I can’t have syncing be something I worry about moving from one platform to another
  4. It would be nice if I could compile and export within the iOS version…Storyist doesn’t seem to handle this very well. I managed to get the book I wrote put together and sent to Lulu, but the method was very hacked together (I ended up having to copy everything to Pages and exporting from there)…I’d like to see a more robust way to get the file ready…
  5. I’d like something to assist with brainstorming through a story…the intimacy an iPad provides would offer a great platform that a desktop doesn’t. That corkboard is a great start…
  6. I’d like to see most of the basic features of the desktop version ported over…not everything, but a decent feature set of the most commonly used items would be great.

Knowing that this is coming out will bring me back to the Scrivener fold!