Feel really stupid - right margins....

My story is nearly 1,000 words but only seven lines long. The text disappears off to the right and I can’t figure out how to get the margins right. The cursor disappears off to the right but the page doesn’t scroll across so I can’t read any of it.

The settings seem to be the same as another text page, so I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong :frowning:

Thanks for any help.

Under the Format menu, select “show ruler.” What’s it say for your left margin? If you resize just the editor window (like drag the scrollbar on the right), does the text adjust?

Otherwise, select all the text (cursor in the document, ctrl-A), then click on the align left button on the toolbar.

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

The left margin is on ‘0’, the right is just past ‘14’. I tried aligning it all to the right and the far right of the lines are visible but the left end of the lines are now off the page. The scroll bar is missing on the right-hand side, on that page only.

eta

I copy+pasted all the text into the page, btw, I didn’t write it on the page direct.

I think I’ve sussed it, I was fiddling about and tried Documents/Convert/Formatting to Default Text Style. I had to adjust the ruler for the right margin but it seems fine, and the right scroll bar is back :smiley:

Thanks for answering my post :slight_smile:

Yay! Yeah, sometimes if line breaks aren’t set properly, strange things can happen. Back in the day, it was really an issue on documents created and moved between PC and Mac platforms. (Not to mention the whole big/little endian thing. I’m dating myself, aren’t I?)

If you want to compare self-dating… One of my projects at work is suffering from running on little while talking to big. And apparently I’m the only one left that knows how to convert internally on the platforms.

I know I’m getting up there, but this …