Few bugs

I’ve noticed a few bugs that have randomly started cropping up.

First is that I no longer receive target notifications. Despite having word count targets set and word count notifications on (and Growl is working fine), I do not receive any word count notifications.

I’ve also noticed that despite “Check spelling as you type” checked, spelling is no longer being checked. I’ve tried testing this by intentionally misspelling words and Scrivener does nothing.

And finally, I have smart quotes checked, but I’m getting straight quotes instead.

This is Scrivener 2.5 (bought via Mac App Store), and I’m running OSX 10.9.1. These problems occur in both old projects (even ones that didn’t have these issues in the past) and new projects.

Are you using page layout view? The second two bugs you mention are known ones relating to page layout view being open when the project is opened. If you switch out of page layout view and close and reopen the project, the bugs should disappear. This is (I hope) fixed for the next update.

All the best,
Keith

I think I was using page layout view when those other bugs happened, thanks for the heads up about that. Now if only I could figure out the word count problem.