[Fortunately, I could solve the problem.
I could not open one file in particular - and several others with delay - because the name of the file was in Farsi, lets say unrecognisable language to name a file.
So, my brother who is using scrivener too, could guess it. He told me how to go to backup folder, find one before the last time, change the name of file to english and miraculously it opened - it didn’t open before I change the name.
The main file, even though I’ve change the name to english did not open at all. I lost about 5 pages of translation - that is my job - but the backup, after changing the name of the file to english, opened.]
Any of the solutions solve my problem.
I use High Sierra and save my files on dropbox.
I move the file out of Dropbox, change the root of back up by going to preference/backup tab/choose the new folder on desktop. If I have to do anything else tell me please.
I already reboot the computer, upgraded it, and install scrivener again.
Did I loose my file? What if I send it to you and see if you can revive it and email it back to me?
New insight: this message appears when i try to open this particular file:
“(The project at “/Users/Massi/Downloads/Autumn.scriv” seems to be in use by Massi on massi’s-MacBook-Pro). If the same project is opened more than once at the same time, data could be lost.
It is also possible that this project didn’t finish closing properly the last time it was used or was copied from another machine while in use.
Choose ‘Make a Copy’ to make a copy of the project and work from that, or ‘Continue’ if you are certain that this project cannot already be open anywhere else.)”
I made a copy of course, and I press “continue”. The latter never stop the rainbow-cursor from turning&turning.
Can’t wait to hear from you,