Final Draft Export Creates page numbering errors

Hi,

Love your product. Here is a bug that indicates problems for seamless import/export between Scrivener and FD 8.
System and software:

OSX Snow Leopard 10.8.6
Final Draft 8.0.1 build 89
Scrivener 2.1 (14118)

Background
Composed original screenplay in FD 8. Imported with “import and split” to do additional work in Scrivener. Exported to FD for Second rewrite. Noticed a problem.

Overview of problems
If Screenplay is compiled for FDX (FD 8 Native) from Scrivener with or without Cover page, FD renumbers the first page as page ZERO. Now screenplay is off by one page. First page has no page number (correct). Second page is page 1. No content is lost. Title page appears in FD if included in compile.

Correct behavior
If Screenplay is compiled for FDX (FD 8 Native) from Scrivener with or without Cover page, FD renumbers the first page as page ZERO. Now screenplay is off by one page. First page has no page number (correct). Second page is page 2. No content is lost. Title page appears in FD if included in compile.

Steps to reproduce:
Take FDX file and import and split into new Scrivener Screenplay template.
Save.
Compile to FDX format.
Save.
Open FDX format in FD.

See attached PNG of top of page 1 and top of page 2. Both the correct and Buggy (incorrect) views are shown.

How would I correct this problem in my current FD document?

Should I hand edit the XML in the FDX file?

Please advise.

Hi,

To fix this in Scrivener, under the “Page Settings” pane of Compile, click on the “First page” tab and tick “Page numbers count first page”. I have altered the template for 2.1.1 so that this will be ticked by default in future.

To fix your existing FD document, in Final Draft, go to the Document menu and choose “Header and Footer…”, then click on the “Options” tab and change the “Starting page number” from 0 to 1.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

That fixed it. Thanks!