Find and replace on paragraph returns

Is there any way in Scrivener to do a find all and replace on paragraph returns? I want to turn all single para returns into double returns, and vice versa. This is easy in a word processor such as Word, where you can do a find and replace for special characters such as a para return. But it doesn’t seem to be possible in Scrivener as far as I can tell. Is there any known work-around?

This is easy to do in Scrivener as well, just hold Option down to insert tabs and line breaks into fields that would otherwise trigger an action with those keys. That is incidentally a Mac trick, not a Scrivener trick. You’ll be able to do the same thing in plain old TextEdit, for example.

If you’re like me and you do prefer codes, Scrivener supports regular expressions (switch from “Contains” the default, in find options). Note that for whatever reason you can’t use \n and \t in the replace field, so you’ll still need the Option-Return trick to add two of those. RegEx just gives you more options in how you search.

Thanks Amber - I guess after 20 years using a Mac, and nearly ten years using Scrivener, I should have figured that one out by now! Still, there’s always something more to learn.

Thanks again for the speedy response.