Find/Replace field request

It would be nice if the Find/Replace Find field weren’t linked to every other find/replace Find field in other applications, or if I could disable that “feature.” If I do a Find in another program and come back to Scrivener and try to do the find that I last did in Scrivener, the Find’s text has been changed to what I entered in the other program.

And since the thing I usually do a search for is a Tab character, it’s a pain in the butt to have to get back out of Find/Replace, locate a Tab, copy it, go back into Find/Replace and paste it.

Hi,

This is the generally-expected behaviour across OS X, though, so if I did this I would be going against the expectations of most users. OS X has a general find pasteboard which it uses to ensure the user’s last find term appears in any Find panel.

That said, you don’t need to go to the effort of finding a tab to copy and paste into the Find field - just hold the Option key down in the Find field and hit tab to type a tab character in directly (this works for returns too).

All the best,
Keith

Oh, well that solves my problem then, thanks!