Finding personal word list

Hello, I can’t for the life of me find my personal word list in a document I’m working on. What is the in-application route? So not username/applications/blah blah blah but file>options> whatever. I googled it and looked in this forum but I don’t have an “options” option under “file,” running 3.2.3 on my MacBook Air. The in-application search is not helping. Thanks!

On Mac Options is not under File
I believe it is under Scrivener or something like that. And is called Application preferences.
I am a windows user, so I can’t be certain.

[EDIT – Since I happen to have the manual, I decided to check : ]

I’m not finding it under preferences>spelling or preferences>corrections.

I don’t know.
But here is what I would do:

With spell check turned on, voluntarily misspell a word.
Now that it has the wavy underline, right-click it.
Among the menu that appears, there should be two options:
One to ignore the spelling, and one to tell Scrivener to learn the spelling.
Whatever the formulation is for “learn the spelling”, search the manual for that.

@xiamenese

Is this question even spellcheck-related? :thinking: There’s also an autocompletion list under Project → Project Settings…

It is spellcheck and not autocomplete related.

Alright, then you’re probably looking for the file LocalDictionary in ~/Library/Spelling/

(This folder is most likely hidden by default, but you can navigate there via Finder → Go To… → Folder…)

ADD: In case you edit LocalDictionary (it’s just a plain text file with one word per line) it could be necessary to logout / login in macOS for the changes to become effective.

1 Like

There it is—thanks so much!!

1 Like