Finished NaNo, onto the editing...

Seeing as how it’s been almost two weeks since I finished my NaNo, I’ve been getting the feeling in my brain that I really need to start with the dreaded part:
The editing.

Now I’ve done NaNoWriMo twice before. One time I didn’t make it past 15K and last year I had a fantastic year in which I lost a motherboard, a hard drive, a screen on my laptop, and 20K words. While I finished that year, I got the 20K words back by having one character read a very long book of Loreum Ipsum and all of the characters in the plague hospital sing Lady GaGa songs (because “j-j-j-just dance” is 5 words) and someone else read the first three chapters of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone out loud.
There was no way that I was going to edit that. I ended up putting the file on a flash drive and hiding it somewhere so that I didn’t have to think about it.

But this year I finished a novel and I was happy with it, and I feel like it needs to be edited.

So today I finally got the nerve to open up Scrivener again, and I found my zero draft sitting there and waiting for me.
I love how I can look at some things on the note cards and know that they’re just things I stuck in for filler that do nothing and delete them without looking at them and how I have little cards that I can shuffle around and can see which ones need major revisions.
I can make little note cards for what I think needs to happen, all of my trash is saved so I can look through it to find good parts to rescue (which is much more pleasant than looking through a real trash can for that page that you scribbled your idea on!)
I have never tried to edit a novel on Word before, but I’m almost 100% certain that it’s easier on Scrivener.
Basically, I am going to take this moment to say once again, I reallyreally love Scrivener.

Also, having me never edited a novel before, does anyone have any advice?