Name
Street address
city
state
zip code
phone
email

It also compiles that way.

I don’t understand why the city, state, and zip code are on separate lines. I’ve highlighted the obvious problem in red. I’ve made sure my info is right in address card. Still cannot figure out what is going on.

Thanks in advance,

Lane

Hi,

I’m afraid I don’t understand the problem. Can’t you just edit those lines? The templates are set up in certain ways, so if they don’t meet your requirements you can edit the templates or create your own.

All the best,
Keith

I don’t see why this is a problem after upgrading. It started doing this on my upgraded version. Look at the format of my address. Okay, so I can edit it and save it as a new template, but then my title and byline are lost? So what are the token variable for title project, and byline (“by [my name]” and where do I put that info? attachment=0]Screen shot 2011-04-30 at 8.46.03 PM.png[/attachment]

Hi Lane,

To change it for your current project, just edit the lines there in the title, formatting your address as you want it. To change the template so that new projects start out with the lines the way you want them, create a new project with the short story format but hold down the Option key when you click “Choose” in the template picker. That will create the project without those variables filled in, and you’ll see tags like <$template_city> and so on. Move those around to where you want them, then choose File>Save As Template… and create a new template, e.g. Short Story Personalized or whatever. (You won’t be able to save directly over the one you’re editing since it’s one of the presets that comes with the program; you wouldn’t want to anyway since it would get overwritten every time you updated. Instead you’ll create a new one which will be saved elsewhere on your hard drive and get added to your template window so you can just pick that whenever you want a new Short Story project.) After you’ve saved it as a template, you can close the project and delete it with Finder if you like.

I’m a little confused by your comment that it started after upgrading. None of your projects themselves should change from an upgrade, and if the template got changed (though this formatting has not changed) it would only affect newly created projects. Back in 1.54, there weren’t variables for these, so you would’ve just typed in the address yourself–is this maybe the first project you’ve made from the template in 2.0, so it looks different from what you’re used to? If so, creating the adjusted template as explained above should set you right.

That did it! Thank you for your time. Now that I think of it, I do remember filling it in myself in old scriv. Maybe I was looking at those and thinking,“why is this not doing it.” But problem solved.

Again, thanks!

Lane