Fix ABC Spelling

I enlarged the page and now it’s frozen how can I fix problem

Hello Lisa. You said you enlarged a page and cannot undo it. Could you give us a few more details about how you enlarged the page?

For example, did you use the sizing options along the bottom edge of the Main Editor to zoom from 100% to a larger setting? Or, did you change a setting via the View menu, perhaps to go to full screen?

If pressing the Esc key hasn’t taken you back to a normal screen and you cannot get the zoom menu to respond, are you able to type in Scrivener at all?

If Scrivener is completely frozen on your Mac, you may need to use your Mac’s Force Quit command under the Apple menu. I hesitate to suggest this though since you may lose any unsaved work.

No I Didn’t use any options what I did wastes the green dot at the top left to enlarge the page I’m not sure why I did it but when I hit the green button than it went full page and now is frozen I have tried to research but to no avail PS I’m using a generic keyboard asI have a big screen with my Mac on but not using? Stupid question where is my escape control :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s macOS’s fullscreen mode. You should be able to escape from it via F (control-command-F) or fn F or by pushing your mouse to the top of the screen until the menubar and the “traffic light” buttons appear and then you can click the green one again.

1 Like

Hi Ruth I did do the force Q but it never turned off. I think my problem is I’m on generic KB my Mac is to the side I tried using both KB no turn off. So that may not be my problem. My Scrivener app seems fine I just loss my ABC functionality. I’m at a loss the stop light corner seems to be working fine. Could I and I’m not sure how delete my ABC Spelling then reinstall???

Undefined terms:
force Q (quit?)
generic KB?
using both KB?
no turn off?
ABC functionality?
stop light corner?

So confused.

1 Like

If you are unable to close the project or quit out of the app, then i) the app is not fine, and ii) the stoplight corner is not working fine!

1 Like

Hi Lisa. Did November_Sierra’s keyboard command recommendations help you get this resolved?

Not sure why It was flagged I’m just trying to get an answer! Thanks for the support Lisa

I’m able to do ALL of the above. What I’m not able to do is minimize my spelling or ABC it’s frozen I cannot use the functionality effectively if I just get a full screen option only So I don’t understand your reply at all! :expressionless:

Lisa, the reason our Head of Support flagged that earlier message is because this is a publicly accessible forum, meaning anyone can see the posts. We require a user name for posting to protect your privacy, and sharing your email is a security risk.

And, I’ll reiterate November’s suggestion to use F (control-command-F) or fn F to get out of full-screen mode.

1 Like

I understand. What is my user name BTW also My use of the PWA and Scrivener is working for any other times I use the apps It’s just that one problem Can you recommend a YouTube video for me to follow to reinstall the desktop app?

Hi Lisa. The forum name you set up here is shown above each comment you post.

I’m not generally a fan of either ProWritingAid or Grammarly since I’ve encountered too many issues with both when using them for my own writing. If you’re looking to reinstall ProWritingAid, I recommend going to their website to see if they have suggestions for reinstalling their program.

To reinstall Scrivener, please download the Scrivener .dmg file from our downloads webpage.

That should put the .dmg file into your Downloads folder on your Mac, and you can double-click it to launch the Installer. Following its prompts and accepting the defaults should get a clean version of Scrivener on your Mac.

If you have your Scrivener projects backing up to a cloud server, you can change that during the installation process or change that location later via Scrivener’s Preferences panel.

Gwen Hernandez has an installation video here. She tends to be a good, third-party resource for Scrivener tips.

Sorry you are so confused and you are a veteran. So imagine my frustration. I will try and make my issue as simple as I can. I apologize for my limited knowledge. The ONLY trouble I’m aware I’m having, is ABC Like I said it appears to be my only issue. I’m aware of is my ABC (spelling) on my Scrivener app. I enlarge to green last week as a dumb move. Since then the only screen that comes up is a full screen version of what used to be a reduced window. (normal) that I used perhaps a hundred times. November gave me a workaround and I’m still with my problem.

I’m pretty sure it’s called “spelling”. Why are you calling it ABC?

1 Like

Well for some reason it also says ABC & spelling.

Not at my machine.

The terminology differences you’re seeing are likely due to your use of ProWritingAid along with Scrivener.

Please ignore the side-chatter and stay focused on the issues you’re having.

Could you please use your Mac’s built-in Screenshot tool (Applications/Utilities) to capture your screen so we can see exactly what you’re seeing and get this resolved more quickly?

OK will do…Give me some time I’m in meeting. Lisa