"Folder level 1" isn't a section type?

In the attachment (Scrivener 2) you see several folders at level one in the hierarchy, not all of them highlighted. Those that aren’t have “as-is” checked. Is that the way this always worked? If so, I wasn’t aware of it. I may have known at one time, but I’ve used Scrivener 3 for two years, and I’ve slept since then.

I thought “Folder level 1” was the equivalent of a Scrivener 3 section type, but apparently not.

Section types didn’t exist in Scrivener 2. Everything was based on outline level. The highlighted documents in the Binder are the ones to which the currently selected outline level applies.

What specifically are you trying to do? If you’re comfortable with Scrivener 3’s Compile command, it’s much more flexible than Scrivener 2’s. Why not convert the project to the new format?

Katherine

I’m helping a Scrivener 2 user.

You’ve confirmed my newfound understanding that level+file type wasn’t equivalent to v3 section types. For a long time I thought it was.

Correct. In fact, that’s the whole point of Section Types in the new Compile scheme: to make the formatting specification independent of the Binder hierarchy.

Katherine