Font Change when using Bullet Points

Hi,

I can’t figure out how to change the default font that scrivener uses for Bullet Points in the editor. I am using Cochin 12 for my default font, but whenever I add a bullet list, the font automatically changes to Helvetica 12. I have looked everywhere in preferences and can’t figure out how to change this. I’m sure it’s something small that I am overlooking, but it is a huge pain to have to manually reset my font back to Cochin 12 every time I write with bullet points (which I do on a regular basis).

Many thanks.

Are you talking about the actual bullet itself, or is your whole writing font changing? The latter would be unusual, but I do know that the system will change to a font that can display the bullet type you are using, if the base font doesn’t have it available. That is normal, and I know of no way around it. I have heard of the font somehow ending up in Lucida Grande or Helvetica if you do a lot of line feed insertion and backspacing and such within a list. It’s a bit fragile, for but basic List mode + type a bit + Return + type a bit entry, it should be fine.