font inexplicably changing-- a bug?

I’ve noticed that when I compile (which I do often as I’m nearing the end of my novel and paranoid to lose work) the INVISIBLES at the end of every paragraph change from my assigned font to COURIER NEW when I look at it in Word
My spacing-- assigned as 1 1/2 spaces ---- changes to single space on TOP line (ONLY) of each chapter, and defaults to LEFT instead of CENTER

Also sometimes-- not always- when writing the APOSTROPHE in Scrivener it changes from my assigned font to COURIER NEW
Is this a bug?
If not, how can I make sure this does not continue to occur?

Yoohoo ANYONE HOME?
I REALLY need help on this. Should I contact tech support?
ANYONE?

I’ve noticed that when I compile (which I do often as I’m nearing the end of my novel and paranoid to lose work) the INVISIBLES at the end of every paragraph change from my assigned font to COURIER NEW when I look at it in Word
My spacing-- assigned as 1 1/2 spaces ---- changes to single space on TOP line (ONLY) of each chapter, and defaults to LEFT instead of CENTER

Also sometimes-- not always- when writing the APOSTROPHE in Scrivener it changes from my assigned font to COURIER NEW
Is this a bug?
If not, how can I make sure this does not continue to occur?

If you really need help, yes you should contact Technical Support. Help in the forums is provided by other users on an as-is basis, and if we haven’t run into it, we may not be able to help you (or have the tools to do so).

compile 2.pngHelp!

I am flummoxed!

For the past several years, I have routinely compiled every time I close down Scrivener as an additional safety measure

If I find too many typo errors – such as a repeated word in the WORD docx, I do an import and split to get a clean document.

I’m aware that the compile settings do get unticked, but this is not a problem to fix.

However, tonight, NO documents show up the documents to check (see screengrab 1) and I do not know how to fix it

Obviously when I click compile it has an error (see screengrab 2)

Scrivener 1.9.9.0

The issue appeared on BOTH my win10 tablet as well as my XP desktop

Please, please help

Thanks,

Marta