Okay! Who knows how to change the font and the size of alllllll footnotes in one, fell, swoop? I cannot for the life of my figure it out.
Select all, right-click, convert to default formating.
hm. i have a mac so no right-click and you can’t select all footnotes. unless i don’t know how to do that? … i have 200+ pages and i’d like all the footnotes on all the pages to change font + size. the default has them now on helvetica so i don’t want to go to the default.
You could try to Control-Click.
that works! never knew…but cannot select all footnotes so same same as doing one at a time. so confusing.
- Go to Preferences→Editing→Formatting and format the footnote according to your needs.
- Select Manuscript and hit ⌘1 once or twice until you see your whole text.
- Open the inspector and go to the footnotes tab.
- Select one of them by clicking on the icon in the superior left corner, so as to not go into text-editing mode. All you need to do is select it, not edit the text.
- Hit ⌘A.
- Use the secondary click by right-clicking,or control-clicking.
- Convert all to default formatting.
i’ll try that thanks bernardo!
thank you again bernardo!!! i just did them one-by-one and then changed the default following your instructions on #1.
As an aside, if you’re mainly doing this because you needed to export the footnote font to a different size, rather than for your own comfort:
File ▸ Compile..., double-click on the compile Format you are using in the left sidebar to edit it.
- In the Footnotes & Comments pane, enable the Override font setting at the top, and select how footnotes should appear.
Thank you Amber! This is a great option!