Footnote Header

Is there anyway in Compile (or elsewhere) to add a header for footnotes? I’m using MultiMarkdown and I’d like to specify a Markdown header (e.g. #### Footnotes) if at all possible.

Thanks,
Wes

Do you mean like endnotes? I’m not sure I follow what you mean if you want a header in front of every footnote at the bottom of the page it falls on, though. If you do mean endnotes, easiest way would probably be to just type the header in at the end of your Draft. Since it appends the footnotes below that spot, it will look as if you planned it that way.

I did mean endnotes and it sounds like that’ll work. I’d prefer a preference in Compile, if only because it makes it a bit easier to move things around.

Thanks,
Wes

Could you just use the end-of-text marker in the Text Options pane of compile? That will get inserted before the endnotes so it should do exactly the same thing but you won’t have to worry about where to put it yourself.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot this was for MMD. The option’s available but I don’t know if it works differently, so you might want to test it. I was using RTF.

Not necessarily - just create a new document for your endnotes right at the end of your Draft folder.This would be empty except for the endnotes title. It’s then out of your way. Take a look at some of the academic templates, as these handle this in exactly the same way. It makes much more sense than trying to cram the option into Compile, because otherwise Compile would have to try to replicate all the formatting options - bold, centred etc - that are automatically available if you just add the text into a document.

All the best,
Keith