Footnotes as Endnotes

If I select the option to show footnotes as endnotes, all that appears, at the end of the document, are the single “link” words from the text, but none of the notes themselves. Is there a button or option I’ve missed? They are also numbered with small roman numerals rather than numbers (which they use when shown as footnotes).

Also, could not get override font to work for footnotes, showed up as Helvetica 11 no matter what I did so went back into the document file and did a right click on each footnote and converted to default style, which meant having to match up default style with preferred output rather than being able to write however and designate a font on compile. If that’s an easy fix, wouldn’t mind knowing it as well.

The issue with the override font not working for inspector footnotes is a bug, so that should get fixed. Currently I think you’re probably best off just fixing the font for these after compile, assuming you’re compiling to a format like RTF or DOC that you can open in a word processor. If you’re trying to go to PDF, that’s probably still the better option since it will allow you to adjust the formatting and then you can save to PDF from there. (Word has a Save to PDF option, in 2010 and up at least, I’m not sure on earlier versions. If your word processor doesn’t have this, there are plenty of free Print to PDF services you can install if you wish; I like CutePDF.)

…Eh, strike what I wrote here originally. I just reproduced the other problem of the note text not compiling correctly in the RTF format opened in Word. Getting that on the bug list. In the meantime, I’d compile them as footnotes, then convert them to endnotes in Word (or whatever program you’re using).

Thanks, MM, will do. Very tempting to treat Scrivener as a word processor (which it almost sort of is but not really) and forget what can be done after export.

BTW, I like Cute PDF, too. It’s great. Also, if Acrobat (full version, not reader) is installed, it installs a plug-in on the Word (and Excel, etc) toolbar. It’s excellent because you can then set output options (Press Quality, for example or a number of others).