Footnotes, endnotes, and all that jazz

So I have been writing my history of labor in word… it handles footnotes well, thank you. So I wanted to take scriv (both mac and win) for a spin on this. So I imported the four files. No, the intro has no footnotes. but the other three chapters do. They were not sent to works cited, I will have to do this by hand. Ok, I am game… tell me, how do I make it show in the text? You know the usual here is your footnote, number and all that?

I mean for fiction I am in love with this, but for my non fiction project, I don’t care if this is footnote or end note. Depending on where I send it I will have to make them either… (word handles that well)… but how do I make this go… ok THAT is a footnote, let’s put it at the end?

At least it is just three chapters, not the whole bloody mess… still much writing to be done on the first draft anyway… and I wanted a place to put all that dang research too. I know I could just use scriv as a handy notebook but… there is so much more potential… I guess I will have to go through FAQs too.
:confused:

You’ll need to save your files as .rtf and then import them into Scrivener to preserve the footnotes. Once you’ve done that, the import will recognize the notes and include them as either inline or inspector footnotes, according to option set in Preferences:Import & Export. When you compile after finishing your draft, you can choose whether to export the footnotes as footnotes or endnotes.

If you’re going to want footnotes and endnotes in your final document, it’s probably worthwhile for you to use both inline and inspector once you start working, as you can set them to compile differently (so inline could be footnotes and inspector could be endnotes, for example). Alternatively you could hijack the inline annotations or inspector comments for the same purpose and set them to compile as footnotes/endnotes.

THANK YOU… will do that momentarily.
:laughing:

Why the heck didn’t I think of RTF?

Oh and it worked!

Happy joy…