Footnotes/endnotes to Nisus

I’m trying a demo of Scrivener and liking it a lot, but I have a question about how footnotes and endnotes survive translation to a wp like Nisus.
I’ve exported a document from Scrivener with footnotes turned into endnotes selected, but this does not work in RTF as they are still footnotes for each page.
Is there a conflict with Nisus Express here or is there a setting that I’m missing in addition to “Include footnotes as endnotes”?

Thanks,
Craig

Hmm, I’m not sure about this - Nisus crashed when I tried to test it, so I’ll try again later, but this certainly works properly in Word and the RTF code should be formatted properly for endnotes…
Best,
Keith

Keith,

Thanks for writing a response. Yes, Nisus Express crashed a couple of times for me too, when dealing with the RTF output file.
Interestingly, I can save to RTFD or plain text and these files do have the endnotes as expected and Nisus certainly has no trouble opening them.

Best,
Craig

Looking at it again, I think Nisus only recognises newer RTF syntax, so it skips the old style “endnotes” flag. I’ll take a look at the RTF syntax to see if I can make it more compatible.
Best,
Keith

Keith,

Again, thanks for looking into this. Since I use simple text or RTFD to get the output in a usable form, this is not a deal breaker for me, but RTF straight has its advantages. Apparently it is a moving standard!

I appreciate all your hard work and I look forward to hearing about any progress on this front, especially since I plan to upgrade to Nisus Pro soon and would like to pair it with Scrivener.

Best,
Craig

I think I have fixed this for the next update - 1.1 will be available sometime over the next week or so, I hope.

As for RTF being a moving standard - well, when I said that Nisus only recognises the newer-style RTF syntax, I meant the syntax from 1997 as opposed to 1995! I’ve updated Scrivener to use the same tags, so that now footnotes/endnotes will export fine to either Word or Nisus (Mellel, I believe, only recognises footnotes).

All the best,
Keith

Keith,

This is most excellent!

Again, thank you very much for the quick and expert response. I look forward to trying the update.

Best,
Craig