Footnotes in between stories

I read through the manual and I am not sure if this is possible to do? i Have stories within chapters and want footnotes to appear after each story and not in the end of the entire document. Can this be done? If so, how?

Have you thought about splitting your chapters so that a chapter has its own folder, but within it there are a number of documents, each of which can have its own footnotes?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think that would help in setting where footnotes appear in compiled output.

I don’t know of a way to do what omananda is wanting to do, but I have learned never to underestimate Scrivener, and am hoping to hear that there is a way to do this!

gr

I assume that the output is meant to be in pdf format? One compilation/output file per chapter and using endnotes, followed by putting it all together as one file afterwards, is one way to do this.

Otherwise, export as RTF with endnotes and open that in Word or Nisus Writer Pro, set a section break for each story and set endnotes to be organised by section. I can do it in NWP; it must be possible in Word, but I don’t know how as I don’t use Word.

From your word-processor, print/export as PDF, or whatever format you want.

Mark

I just tested the Endnote Marker placeholder in Scrivener 3.0. My hope was that this might work serially – so that placing multiple endnote marker placeholders could be pressed into service for the purpose. But it doesn’t work like that. If you place multiple endnote markers, only the last on is recognized. Just FYI.

gr