footnotes, lists and Korean

Hello!
I’m a law student, fascinated by scrivener, esp. by “you don’t need to start from the first page” feature. Actually I’m writing a thesis for law review magazine. My wish lists are

1. typewriter scrolling in the footnote pane
    Legal writings have a great number of footnotes, some of which occupy even most of a page sometimes. So I often have to stare at the right bottom of the monitor, where the cursor looks like almost sinking down there. Cmd+0 is not enough. My suggestion is to apply typewriter scrolling feature to the footnote pane, with a separate menu from that of the document pane.

2. Bracket in footnotes format
    Ex. 1), 2), 3) I need this type of footnotes marker both in the main text and in the footnote itself, because of convention of my field in Korea. Superscript in the main text and the regular script in the footnote.

3. Korean Lists Format
    Among various lists format, there is no Korean letter format.(Format > List > Custom List) :smiley: I’ll show you Korean letter in an alphabetical order below.

가 나 다 라 마 바 사 아 자 차 카 타 파 하 거 너 더 러 머 버 서 어 저 처 커 터 퍼 허 고 노 도 로 모 …
Consonants are ㄱ ㄴ ㄷ ㄹ ㅁ ㅂ ㅅ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎ
Vowels are ㅏ ㅑ ㅓ ㅕ ㅗ ㅛ ㅜ ㅠ ㅡ ㅣ but the vowels are not used alone as list titles. This is just for the reference to the first line order above

1. to make it possible to edit lists format before inserting them.
    At the moment, I can adjust an indentation of list and a space between the lists and the first letter after them, only after I actually insert lists in the doc. That means I have to scroll a ruler back and forth many times for intermittently appearing list blocks. Using indentation and tab menu is the same. Using formatting preset feature couldn’t sort it out. multi-level lists format editing has the same …
    Ex 1.
    ✓ abcdefgh… vs.
    (indent) ✓(more space than above line) abcdefgh… (not a multi-level list. two example with a different space and indentation) It’d be more user-friendly to be able to set a space, indentation, and tab spacing before the insertion of lists.
    Ex 2.

2. multi-level lists.
    I read a post suggesting to make a multi-level list similar to that of Word and your reply. However, Word-like multi-level list feature is often needed in my opinion. Exactly speaking, multi-level list is not a problem, but the real problem for me happens when there is a paragraph between lists. For example,
    A. First
    I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener.(return)
    I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener.

B. Second
You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener.(return)
You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener.

In this case, I can’t possibly use list function for A and B, because All 7 lines are treated as a list like below.

A. First
B. I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener.(return)
C. I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener. I like the scrivener.
D.
E. Second
F. You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener.(return)
G. You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener. You’ll love the scrivener.

Multi-level list function doesn’t help. This kind of structure is needed when you have too many paragraphs between headings, each length of which is not long enough to make it one item of the outline, say 3 or 4 lines, while those paragraphs under the same context should be included in one document in a scrivener’s term. In the above example, imagine there are headings from A to J, and some have several subheadings, often with a 2-4 line paragraph between a heading and a subheading.
In that case, the outliner doesn’t help either. I somehow tried to change my writing habit to be accustomed to the scrivener, but that is not definitely user-friendly.
However I feel so grateful for the scrivener. It gives me a lot of pleasure with writing.
Many thanks for reading!

No answer for the post meaning no consideration whatsoever, contrary to the phrase “All requests are seriously considered” at the gate of Wish Lists in the forum??

Hi,

All requests are seriously considered, but we cannot guarantee a reply to everything in the forum - we only guarantee replies if you email us directly. We do read everything in the Wish List area, though, even if we don’t get time to reply to everything.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I’m afraid there are no plans to offer typewriter scrolling in the footnote pane.

Lists use Apple’s code (the same as in TextEdit), so we’re a bit limited there, but you can create your own custom lists using “Other…” form the lists pull-down in the format bar. You can use Opt-return to create a line break in a list without creating a new number.

All the best,
Keith