Formating question

Hi,

I just imported a project form Scrivener for Windows (beta 1.5) and everything seems to be fine. However, the text still retains the margins of the original format, not taking under the consideration the new monitor on my mini Mac, much wider than the one I use with Windows.

What can I do to readjust the margins? They are aligned to the left, living a wide space on the right side of the monitor.

Thanks.

Jeco

Do you mean the right margin of the text itself? If so, try showing the ruler (cmd-R) and check to see where the right-most blue downwards pointing arrow on the ruler is - if necessary click and drag it all the way to the right with the text selected.

There may still be differences between the text formatting in the Windows and Mac versions seeing as the Windows version is still in beta - all these things still need testing.

All the best,
Keith

If it’s what Keith’s saying, looking like this:rightindent.pngyou can fix it per-document or with all text selected in a Scrivenings session by dragging the arrow over; you can also use Documents>Convert>Formatting to Default Text Style to switch it to your Mac’s default settings and check the appropriate boxes in the dialogue if you don’t want to switch everything (since that may otherwise adjust your font, etc. depending on your Windows settings).

Thank you both,Keith and Mimetic for the prompt reply. I’ll follow your suggestions. Much appreciated.

What a great product, developer and community! Thanks a bunch.

Have a good day.

Jeco

Thanks! Hope it helps - if not, let us know. It’s good to have some users starting to use both versions - that will be really useful as the Windows beta gets closer to release and we start tidying up all the compatibility issues.
All the best,
Keith