Formatting Bar on Fullscreen

Hi all! I’m new here and I’d appreciate some help with a problem that’s been vexing me for a couple of hours now. Just updated to Scrivener 2.0 and still getting used to it. I like using bulleted lists but I’ve encountered two problems:

1. I can’t figure out how to place the shortcut for the List dropdown on the formatting bar.

2. I can’t figure out how to make the formatting bar visible in fullscreen mode. This is problematic because I’d like to be able to toggle list formatting on and off without leaving fullscreen mode.

Hope there is a quick solution for these problems … thanks!

Hi!

To assign a shortcut to a particular type of list, go to the Keyboard settings in System Preferences and choose Scrivener from the Application list in the shortcut menu. You’ll need to enter the “name” of the list menu item exactly as it appears, which means you’ll need to use the proper bullet character or number, since that’s how they’re identified. (A simple copy/paste can work well for this; just create a list with the style you want and copy the lead character.)

Once you’ve made a shortcut key combo for the list style, you’ll be able to apply it in full screen without need for the formatting bar, although you can always hover your mouse at the top of the screen and get to Format>Lists from there.

Worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

No problem. Welcome to Scrivener and the forum! :slight_smile: