Found something in the Tutorial [BUGS FIXED]

Okay, so I’m in Part 3 Step 13, and down at the bottom this “Currently, the beta imports text only and not the images yet.” is in orange.

…does that mean it can’t import anything at all, or…? I don’t understand why it’s orange.

Oh, and another thing… “The Compile sheet will expand to show a whole raft of options.” “Range” sounds better than raft, I think.

Yeah, but “raft” is funner. :smiley:

I’m in step 8, Splits, and it says, “Alternatively, click on the left button in the right of the header view above (the square with the horizontal line through its middle):”.

No, your other left. :wink:

The left button in the right of my header view has a vertical line, and performs a vertical split.

Argh! I’ve been inverting sides for days on end now!

Thanks. :slight_smile:

What does it say when you hover over it? Mine has them reversed - if I hover the mouse over it, it says it’s a horizontal split.

Thanks everyone, I have augmented the Tutorial and incorporated all of the feedback on this post.

Haha! It says it’s a horizontal split, but it looks like a vertical split and acts like a vertical split.

Of course, if these picky little things are the worst things wrong with the product, WOW.

Hey - FYI on the tutorial Part 2, Step 8: Splits it says a couple times about the screen that is in focus is the one with a header that is “blue”. I think that only applies if the pc has the standard colour scheme in operation. I have a different colour scheme (you can select this on the control panel of the computer) so all my windows have a green header and therefore my screen in focus turns green. I run Windows XP. Cheers. :wink:

me again - another colour thing in the tutorial: Step 12 project search, the tutorial says the word binder will be highlighted in red, on my pc it’s highlighted in yellow. not sure if that’s the colour scheme or what. as before windows XP, pc is an HP Compaq top of the range dinosaur from about 5 years back :slight_smile:

I tried to find whether this has already been discussed but I could not find anything. I am using beta 021. In the tutorial there is a passage that says:

“Alternatively, if a Corner Mark is selected in the Options the corner of each index card will be the color of the label associated with it. You can also select Show Stamps via View > cork board, which places a diagonal stamp on the cards—this stamp shows the status associated with the document represented by the index card”

Neither of these seems to happen. Using the options to choose pin instead of lable works but not the other way around.

Worked it out. Apologies.