Freezing during auto-save

Hi All,

The issue I’m having is that Scrivener will freeze up when auto-saving. It will only freeze for 5-10 seconds (complete with the ‘Not Responding’ message in the upper left hand corner of the screen) and then will go back to normal, but it’s really disruptive because it happens a lot (a once or twice a minute when it’s particularly bad).

The freezing isn’t consistent. It sometimes happens more often than others, and my sense is that it gradually gets worse the longer the program is running. I was managing it previously but occasionally restarting (a hassle in its own right), but restarting seems like it’s getting less effective. The freezing seems to be happening earlier - not quite immediately, but within 10-15 minutes of starting to work.

Any help at all would be much appreciated. I have Scrivener V1.8.6.0 running on a Lenovo L430 (Windows 7 64bit). I have no idea what you’d need to know about the computer, so let me know if there are any other pieces of info I should add.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best,
Jim

I followed the suggestion made in another post (https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/not-responding/30649/1) to change the auto-save frequency, and that seemed to solve my problem.

Thanks!