French smart quotes not supported?

Hello everyone,
I am a french amateur writer and I love this software. However, I have come across a little (but very, very annoying) problem: I can’t find a way to write french dialogues.

Here is how the software works: if I write “Hello, my name is Matt”, it dynamically changes the apostrophes into «Hello, my name is Matt».
The problem is that in french (maybe in other languages too), it should be: « Hello, my name is Matt ».
Notice the space before and after the apostrophes.[size=1]reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/[/size]

I didn’t find a proper way to do so, because when I use the smart quotes thingy with spaces, it does this : « Hello, my name is Matt «.
It is like it does not recognize there is a quote before to ‘close’ this one when there is a space.
I found a very ugly workaround with substitutions but there is a little ‘bug’ there that I won’t mention here (not the subject).

So… Did I miss something? A little option to make it work with spaces? Or is this worth creating a bug report?

Thanks in advance!