From Scrivener to DevonThink Pro

I recently purchased DevonThink Pro, since it’s definitely great to manage databases that have become too big and chaotic for Scrivener (and leave in Scrivener only the most essential information). But I had already storaged a lot of documentation in Scrivener that now I want into DT. So far, it’s been really easy to bring documents from DT to Scrivener; and, using services, I can also send text into DT. I also need to send pdf and jpg documents from Scrivener to DT. Is there an easy, drag-and-drop-like way to do it? Or I will have to find again the original documentation on my hard drive and bring them into DT?

Have you tried dragging and dropping to the DT floating inbox?

cheers
William

Yes, William, I’ve tried. But I’m also new to DT, and I should confess that, so far, I haven’t been able to drag and drop anything into that floating window. :frowning:

The only way is to export from Scrivener (Files > Export > Files) to get all your files out to the Finder and then drag into DT from the Finder. Scrivener’ can’t paste files onto the pasteboard directly because they aren’t stored in Scrivener in the same way as you would want them in a Finder representation.

All the best,
Keith

Thank you Keith! That will be certainly faster than what I’m doing right now! I’ll try it right away :smiley:

Sorry this is a little off topic but you can turn on the floating inbox (really called the “sorter”) by going to preferences>sorter in DT.

Thank you for trying to help me with the sorter, William. The sorter is there (it always has), it’s visible, it’s active… it’s just useless, so far. I haven’t taken the time to try to understand properly how it works. I have tried drag and drop from almost everywhere: web pages, Scrivener… I just don’t get it so far. But I’ve had a hard time on almost every simple function in DT, until I ask, somebody answers, and I manage to get to understand how it works. I don’t know… there’s just something about the name of functions, their place on the menus or the logic behind them that gives me a hard time at first. It’s probably my problem, anyway.

Well good luck with it! I’m sure it’ll come right in time. It’s not as easy to use as Scrivener it must be said :smiley:

w