Front Matter Folders Templates

On web site it says:

“In the Front Matter section of the binder, you’ll find folders containing front matter templates for three different formats: manuscript, paperback novel and e-book.”

But the folders are not there and cannot find templates for them on my computer.

Where are they supposed to be and where can I get the templates?

Where is the web text you’re quoting?

Katherine

I found it here: https://writersedit.com/fiction-writing/fuss-free-beginners-guide-scrivener/#Front-Matter

That’s not our site, so I’m sure you understand we aren’t responsible for what it says.

Some of the templates that ship with Scrivener include Front Matter pages. Those templates will include instructions on their use. For the ones that don’t, it’s easy to create your own.

Katherine

I purchased it online as a download product a few months ago. Should the folders and templates mentioned be included in that?

Again, I don’t know where the templates mentioned by the site you linked are coming from. That’s not our site, and I don’t know whether they supply their own templates.

Scrivener’s New Project pane has a complete list of the project templates that are supplied with Scrivener. As I said, several of these contain additional document templates. See Section 5.1.1 in the manual for more information.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend taking a look at our Interactive Tutorial, available from the Help menu. It’s a good overview of Scrivener’s capabilities, including front matter and document templates.

Katherine

In a new project, in the binder, should there be a section “Front Matter” with folders for manuscript, paperback, and ebook? Thanks.

If the template used to create the project has one. Not all templates do.

Katherine