Full Screen Auto-centering

My operating system is OS 10.5.7 on a Macbook 2 ghz Intel Core Duo with 2 GB 1067 mhz DDR3 standard apple ram. I’m using Scrivener version 1.51.

I’m not exactly sure if this fits into the “Bug Hunt” category or the “Wish List” category. Sorry if I guessed wrong. :slight_smile:

I’ve written an entire novel and broken up each chapter into separate group documents. Many of the group document contain several text files, one for each scene.

When I enter full-screen mode and scroll down the page to edit, the moment I start to type something, the line I’m working on is automatically centered. The problem is, each time I type, the entire screen shifts in order to keep the line I’m currently working on in the middle of the screen. In other words, all of the text keeps jumping up and down.

I could see how this feature would be very useful if everything I wrote was new to the screen. It would function much like a typewriter. However, there should be an option to disable this.

P.S. I love Scrivener and have been pimping it on Twitter. Keep up the amazing work!

Text > Typewriter Mode - just uncheck this to turn it off. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind words and for pimping us on Twitter! (We like being pimped…)

All the best,
Keith

Thank you!