Full Screen Bug[BUG LOGGED]

Everytime I try to expan it to full screen the program crashes. I have tried multipal times. :confused:

Can you please enumerate a little more?

1. Which version of the beta were you using at the time.
  2. What Windows OS are you running.
  3. Exactly what steps did you take leading up to the crash.
  4. Can you reliably reproduce this crash? If so, have you given us enough information to be able to duplicate this for ourselves and fix the issue.

Thanks - Lee

My Beta 1.5.5 just crashed, using Win XP in the full screen mode. I had adjusted the background opacity and getting ready to read through all docs items in ‘show text view’ but then paused to get some coffee. When I returned about 2-3 minutes later Scrivener had frozen, I couldn’t maneuver anywhere, no cursor activity, and there was a pop-up that explained about the crash. I hope the error report was sent automatically. I will try to reproduce and report back with more info…

[Back again (5 min later).] Not the exact situation, but similar: I was in regular screen mode and then clicked the ‘full screen’ button which caused Scrivener to freeze and display an error popup. This time I managed to copy some info:

AppName: scrivener.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0d3fd2d0

And the error text was saved here:
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\4d3a_appcompat.txt

I would be happy to upload the error text file somewhere if it is not sent automatically.

[Happened again, on exiting from full screen viewing all docs.]

AppName: scrivener.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: qtgui4.dll
ModVer: 4.7.0.0 Offset: 005b158b

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\9e64_appcompat.txt

[and again… similar to above]

AppName: scrivener.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: qtcore4.dll
ModVer: 4.7.0.0 Offset: 0021b86f

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\bed0_appcompat.txt

It continues to bug and I can reproduce the crash consistently.

I’ve noticed that the risk of crashing is significantly increased switching from regular to full screen on the second time; i.e. regular - full screen, regular - full screen: crash.

Yup, just crashed for me too. (wine, version 1.55, so windows version.)

I had to switch to fullscreen mode several times before it would crash, though. (I hit the F11 key 4 times.) I was working in combined text mode, rather than a separate file being displayed.

For what it’s worth, I’ve got an Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 video card (1GB RAM), and I normally run at 1920x1080. (4GB system RAM) I’m current on drivers (260.19.36)

I can reproduce this, thank you.
Lee