full screen button greyed out

I love full-screen mode in scrivener, but about a month ago, my full-screen button greyed out - I can’t click on it. I’m on a Macbook Air. Any idea what’s going on? I’m starting a new book today, and I’d love it back!

Are you on version 1.54 and did you upgrade to Lion? Version 1.54 is only supported on Snow Leopard and below, and Lion’s new full screen mode conflicts with the one in Scrivener 1.54. In Scrivener 2.x, the old full screen mode has now been renamed “Compose” mode, and works perfectly; moreover, Scrivener’s main window can also go full screen using Lion’s new full screen feature. Scrivener 2.x is $25 for registered users of 1.54.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks, Keith. I’m on OS Lion 10.7.1, but I’m on Scrivener 2.0 - the button is still called “full screen” though. I’ll go update my Scrivener and see if that helps.

Yay, that worked! Thank you very much - I’m so happy to have full-screen mode back. I really appreciate the help :slight_smile:.

Ah, sorry, I should have thought of that - versions of 2.0 that were released before Lion came out had the same problem as Scrivener 1.54, because Lion’s full screen mode clashes; the update of Scrivener released for Lion addressed this and added new features. Glad you are sorted!
All the best,
Keith

Hey, it was the right answer, even if the details were a bit off. Perfect! My current novel thanks you.