Full screen insertion point colour

Why can’t the insertion point cursor be the same colour in full screen mode as it is in normal editor mode?

I’m not sure what you mean, it is impossible to have different colours used for the insertion point between standard window and the Mac full screen mode. Are you referring to Composition Mode, where the program is replaced by a simple column of text? If so, the insertion point colour is determined by any text override you have set in the Compose preference pane. This way you don’t end up with a black cursor on a black background or something.

Sorry for confusion - I’m probably using the wrong terminology. I’m referring to the flashing cursor ahead of your text as you type. In normal mode I have it as a blue line, so it stands out better against the black text and white background. But when I switched to full screen mode on my MacBook Air, it changed back to black. Which is why i posted the query on the forum.

Strangely, this morning, when working on my desktop iMac, the flashing cursor is the same colour in normal mode and full screen mode, so I’m wondering whether this has more to do with my MacBook Air than Scrivener.

Hmm, I can’t think of anything that should do that, it might have been a quirk in full screen mode too. If it happens repeatedly and you can figure out how to make it happen, maybe it is something we can fix.