Full Screen Mode goes buggy

I recently updated to 1.01. I might roll back to 1.0.

I was typing in the regular window, and switched to full-screen mode. I tried deleting a word, and all of a sudden, a whole section disappeared. I freaked out. Since Scrivener auto saves, I guess I lost all that text.

I went back to the window mode, and sure enough the text was gone, but there were also some re-drawing problems on the screen. I quit after undo wouldn’t bring back my text.

I reproduced this 3 more times. Delete one word in full-screen, and a whole big block of text disappears.

I recovered because I copied this text block from MS Word. I still had the original text to fall back upon.

In one instance of testing this, Scrivener bugged out and it took 5 attempts to try and leave full screen mode. ESC, or the button at the bottom wouldn’t work… then the little pop-up area to hit that button stopped working… 2 more attempts at the menu item to “Exit full screen mode” finally worked.

I’ve loved this product since using it to write my book, but this scares me.

Advice? Anyone else experience this?

I’m using Mac OS X 10.4.8, DP 2 Ghz G5 tower.

Could you please give more details so that I can reproduce this? If I can’t reproduce it, I can’t fix it. And I doubt rolling back to 1.0 will help, as nothing in this regard has changed between updates.

Please give me step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the bug. If you have a file in which this always happens, please send it to support@literatureandlatte.com, along with step-by-step instructions.

Did I mention the step-by-step instructions? :wink:

All the best,
Keith