Full Screen not showing text modifications

del

I am guessing that you have full screen set up so that you have a black background with a different coloured text to normal?

This sounds like a problem with the temporary attributes being applied to text, as though they are not actually getting applied. (Whenever you type in full screen, if you have “Override text colour” set, then the text you type is immediately coloured with that temporary colour. If this doesn’t happen, then it will just get displayed in black, and if your background is black, too, that means that you won’t see it).

This is strange that this is happening, though. How have you got your smart quotes in Typography preferences set up? Do you have just one character for each quote, or do you have more than one character? There is a bug in beta 3, for instance, whereby if you have smart quotes set up to replace a quotation mark with more than one character, the second character will not be displayed properly in full screen, and in theory this could throw other things.

Let me know what you find out, as no one else has reported this. In the meantime, I will take a look at the code that colours the text.

EDIT: If you can find the exact point at which it stops working, that would be really helpful (ie. what you type or do and after which it breaks). Thanks!

Thanks,
Keith

del

del

Well, it is a beta, so bugs are inevitable, as everyone knows. Like I said in my e-mail, please send me the project - obviously this is one that I am keen to get to the bottom of.
Thanks!
Keith