Full Screen Text Colour

HI,
I’ve been using Scrivener for some time but today I noticed that I can no longer change the text colour in full screen. I like blue background and white text - but the text remains black no matter what text colour I set it as (in tools, options, appearance). I can change the background and page colours - just not the text!

I have tried uninstalling and re installing but still the same problem.

Any ideas how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance.

This appears to have solved itself. I turned my computer off completely yesterday and now the full screen text colour is working again.

Usually if you run into this, it means the text has had a colour specifically applied to it, i.e. it’s not just showing the default display colour but is instead itself coloured, overriding that default. With black text, this is usually from having imported or copied and pasted the text from another program. You’ll also get it if you’re working cross-platform with the Mac version, as the text engine there always colours the text.

If you run into it again, try selecting all the text and then choosing Text Color > Remove Color from the right-click context menu.

Thanks for that advice MM. This problem has occurred again but only with some parts of the text. After reading your post I realized that I have been pasting some text from other programs. As suggested I highlighted the text and right clicked to remove color and it worked! I’ll remember for next time. thanks again.