Full screen text font will not change

It seems that the text font in full screen mode cannot be changed in the attached project. The full screen text font remains black, regardless of what I change it to in options. As my full screen background is also black, I cannot view the text in full screen mode.

ETA: Yesterday morning I was able to edit this project in Win Scriv full screen mode without issue.

This may be related to iOSScriv, as this project was last edited on the iPad last night, before I saw the problem this morning. I am confident that I synced correctly, and Scrivener has never complained about sync issues.

My other projects, which are in Windows only, do not have this issue. I can change the full screen text font as usual.

Thanks,
Jim
Test.bak2016-08-17T08-00.zip (80.1 KB)

I experimented with opening older versions of this project from backup.

The backups from earlier this week also have the issue. These were also worked in IOSScriv and are at 1.9.6.

A much older backup (from Jan), from the 1.9.0 version of Windows Scrivener, does not have the issue. I can change the full screen text font. (I opened this older 1.9.0 backup using 1.9.6)

One more point on this bug.

If I add a new document to the project that I uploaded in the OP, and then go into full screen mode, I can see the text and it is possible to change the full screen font color.

Yet I am not able to change the color of the full screen text in the document named Escape.

I have emailed this issue to the Windows support team.

Hi,

I was experiencing the same issue and I was able to fix it by doing the following:

1. Highlight all of my text
  2. Right click
  3. Click “Text Color”
  4. Click “Remove Color”

This worked for me. Hopefully it works for you. Not sure why the text color would affect the full screen text color, but there you have it.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I had to take the same corrective action as you.

This was caused by an issue in the mobile syncing process, and was corrected in the 1.9.7 Windows version.

From the 1.9.7 Change list: “When syncing from mobile devices, black text colour (used on iOS for “no colour”) is converted to a true “no colour” on Windows, allowing the text to display in the default text colour for the editor (set in Tools > Options > Appearance).”

So you shouldn’t be experiencing it any more, if you are at 1.9.7.

I experienced the same issue, version 1.9.7. The fix listed here did take care of it.
As a side note, I do NOT use anything other than windows. I do however sync using drop box.