Full Screen Width

I think it would be great if Full Screen Mode also obeyed the Default Editor Width set in Preferences>General.

Thanks,
Brett Patching

Why?

Since many people operate full screen mode at a high magnification than the regular editor, I’m not sure this would do what they want.

Interesting point AmberV. I just get frustrated that I have to adjust the width in full screen every time I start a new project. I do use the same magnification for both the regular editor and full screen, so that is why I suggested the default editor width.

If in fact most people have another prefered magnification for Full Screen, then why not have an editor width option in Preferences>Full Screen so that we can specify all the parameters of our favourite set-up here too?

Thanks,
Brett

But you could say the same about the size of the window when you start a new project, the width of the binder, and so on and so forth. You cannot have preferences for everything.

No, but you can achieve what you want, all the same. Just create a new, blank project. Size the main window how you would like it for new projects. Adjust the binder, set the inspector visible or not. Launch full screen and adjust the width of the text and so forth.

Then, go to File > Save As Template… Then, whenever you start a new project via File > New Project, you just have to choose your own template from the list rather than the standard “Empty Project” template, and all of the settings you like for new projects will be there.

All the best,
Keith

Thanks for your reply Keith. Yes, I understand that you can’t have preferences for everything. And thanks for the tip about templates - you have really built a huge amount of functionality into Scrivener.

As a designer, I’m taught that interface items should stay where the user has left them, otherwise it can upset spatial orientation. So I brought this up just because I felt it was a minor irritation.

I had another thought: why can’t Scrivener just remember my last set-up when I start a new project? (In the same way that it remembers the projects I had open.)

Many thanks,
Brett

Why can’t you just set up a template the way you want it? :slight_smile:

As for interface items staying where the user left them - they do. There is no reason for Scrivener to assume that the user wants every project the same. Anyway, like I say, templates are your solution.

All the best,
Keith

OK :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Brett