Gaps between words

When checking the spelling in Scrivener, accidentally left over spaces between words are not shown as a spelling error. There should be 1 character space/gap between words, but sometimes there may be 2-3 characters gaps between words due to practices such as copy and paste. Extra gaps should also be detected in the spelling check.

I don’t think this has anything to do with the process of making sure your words are spelled correctly, no more than making sure your citations are formatted correctly and that you have no spaces around your em-dashes.

Spell check should remain spell check, in my opinion. A matter of forming words correctly out of letters, rather than computers guessing at what you meant. Maybe for you two spaces is an error (and a style error to be clear, not a spelling error), but for me, your approach would have many line-endings flagged as errors, as well as line prefixes, where often you will find four or more spaces leading a line on account of how I write using Markdown, and frequently talk about source code, which is also often padding with spacing. Spell check would become immediately useless to me.

Anyway, if you just want to clean up excessive spaces, you don’t need to laboriously go through with a spell checker, one by one, correcting them. Use the Edit ▸ Text Tidying ▸ Replace Multiple Spaces with Single Spaces.