Getting an overview of metadata

I want to refine my use of metadata in my project, so I wanted to get an overview of all my metadata. Scrivener allows me to see all my keywords in the Project Keywords dialog, all my Labels, Statuses, and custom metadata titles in the Manage Metadata dialog. But I ran into one problem. I have created a custom metadata field called Tags. I want to see all the different tag values I have assigned, across all folders and documents in the Draft section of the binder. So I decided to write a program to do this.
I looked around in the XML for the project and figured out how metadata is stored in the project file. Then I wrote a program that summarizes all the metadata and writes it to a file. The file looks something like this (ellipses used to shorten the list for this post):
KEYWORDS
Major Characters
Jim_(present)
Jim_(mentioned)
Eva_(present)
Eva_(mentioned)

Minor Characters
Blues_Children
Miz

Locations
Park_Street_Station
Boston_Common
Themes
Underground
Burial
Descent

Venue
Boston_Tea_Party
Catacombs
Rathskeller

Backstory
LABELS
No Label
Idea
Notes
Jim alone
Jim music

STATUSES
No Status
To Do
Sketched
First Draft
Revised Draft
Final Draft

TAGS
ankh
chemistry
tree; old elm;
walk
I find it helpful to see all this in one place. Also, after I change my metadata usage, I can generate a new file and compare the files to see what I’ve changed – so I can gradually get a sense of what works best for me.
If anyone else thinks they would find this program helpful, I would be glad to share it – though I’d have to do a bit of work on it to make it ready for general use.