Getting page breaks out of iOS Scrivener

I’ve been looking for half an hour for how to add page breaks in compiling with iOS Scrivener, but without any luck. Is this feature not available in iOS? I would add a screen shot of the issue, but I don’t know how to do that with this interface. Basically I have about a dozen documents within a Draft folder, and I want each to start on a new page. All I’m getting is a hashtag in the text where a new chapter starts.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

This?

literatureandlatte.com/foru … 75#p217075

Slàinte mhòr.

I’m assuming you compiled your project with the default appearance. If you haven’t tried tapping on the Appearance item in the compile dialog, do that. You’ll get an appearances list.There are five more built In appearances there; maybe one will work for you.

If you’ve tried that and none of those works for you, you’ll need to make a copy of one of them and edit it. You can access that by tapping Edit at the upper right corner of the list, then selecting an Appearance and tapping the duplicate icon at the bottom of the screen.

Once you’re editing the copy of the Appearance, you’ll want to delete the line that says

Document Separator: ‘#’

Then, find this line (add it if you need to):

Document Breaks:

and add this one immediately after it:

- Page Break Before Text Files

so that you have two lines like this:

[b]Document Breaks:

• Page Break Before Text Files
    [/b]

Save your new Appearance and use it to compile.

Hope this helps!

Or look where Joro said :smiley:

Thanks very much, both of you!

I’m writing fiction, pretty straightforward so that all I have is the Draft folder and the Research folder. Draft folder has separate documents for separate chapters, but no individual folders per chapter. Never occurred to me it would be a folder, not a document, that would trigger the break.

This was a quick fix, and thanks again.

Rob

You’re welcome!