Getting started with Scrivener

I am a graduate student who frequently writes scientific papers. I’ve been in search of a better way to plan and organize my papers for some time now, and I just discovered Scrivener.

Is there a “Getting Started” guide, video, or some other resource that will quickly give me an overview of how I can use this program to improve my workflow?

I normally use Mellel to write my papers in APA format. Can Scrivener be used in conjunction with Mellel, or do you all use Scrivener to write as well?

There is a brief video on the web site. Also, did you go through the tutorial when you first downloaded the software? Both are good starting points.

P.R.

Thanks for your reply. I just discovered the video and will watch it.

However, I can’t seem to figure out the tutorial. When I selected to open it the first time I launched Scrivener, nothing happened. Then I found it in the Help menu and opened it, but it’s a completely blank file with no content, no instructions - no tutorial! It says “tutorial.scriv” on the top of the window, but that’s it.

I posted another thread about this. I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

I should mention that I have my third-party applications in a folder other than Hard Drive>Applications. Could that have something to do with this?