Ghost notes nonfunctional

I’ve marked a block as a footnote. It has the gray background. Text > Ghost Notes Mode is enabled. But when I click elsewhere, the note doesn’t fade. It remains as distinct as the surrounding text. What am I missing?

Thanks,
dp

Hi,

This is a bug in 1.50 and 1.51 - I’ll have a bug fix release out in the next couple of weeks to address this.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith

Hi, this happening to me as well, I’m using 1.51. It’s either a new bug for my Scrivener copy or I just haven’t noticed in the past months idly spent away from my writing projects. The annotations in ghost mode remain stubbornly faded. Is it something I can fix downloading a new dmg?
Thanks!
Pz

Hi,
As mentioned in the post to which you replied, this is a bug in 1.50 and 1.51 and will be fixed in the next update.
All the best,
Keith

Hi Keith,

As always I LOVE Scrivener. Everything was going well, but as I was editing my first draft with an annotation, I wanted ghost notes on, but only the tail end of the annotation fades with the first half in full color.

Am I missing something? I thought this bug was addressed already. Perhaps not. I am running Scrivener 1.53. Thank you.

Best,

Michael

Have you got an annotation separator set in the preferences? If an annotation separator is set in the Typography pane of the preferences, only the text after the set separator will be faded in annotations and footnotes.
Best,
Keith

That was it! Boy you’re fast, man. I went back on to renege what I posted because I indeed did have a colon in the annotation…silly me.

Can’t wait to see 2.0!

Be well,

Michael

Glad that sorted it!
All the best,
Keith